questions

Phil phil at philsmith.org
Fri Aug 21 23:24:50 EST 1998

On Sun, 23 Aug 1998 11:31:51 +0100, georg at 2012.org (georg parlow)
wrote:
>1. it was said, that approx. 2000 out of 3000 u.s. counties has been
>declared disaster area by the USDA. the questions:
>who or what exactly is the USDA?
USDA is the Agriculture Department .The President is the one to
actually make the declaration. I'm not sure if anyone else needs to
approve.
>what are the consequences for a county to be declared *disaster area*?
>is approx. 3000 the total number of counties in the u.s.?
Generally more votes. When an area becomes a "disaster area" all sorts
of Federal money flows in. Or should I say back in after being shipped
out as taxes. It's a great way for political leaders to buy votes with
no expense to themselves and to look like they actually care.
>2. it has been stated, that recently a new law has been issued, that
>makes storage of food beyond the 30-day need of the household illegal.
>the questions:
IIRC this law is a myth.