Don't they give you guys at McDonalds lunch breaks?

Susan112 susan112 at aol.com
Sat Aug 22 23:41:32 EST 1998

Sue Varri wrote:

>We city folk, don't know jack about the forested lands we're flocking
>to; universally have a heap of distrust for government programs, But we
>are used to hiring experts, and paying for their expertise.
>
>I bought the 18 acres for recreation in Mid Missouri. Someone told me my
>walnuts were worth a fortune, another said It'd cost a fortune to clear some
>out of my way. One sawmill said the acreage is too small,(no, I don't plan on
>clear-cutting the whole thing!)  Another said he didn't have the saw to cut
>thru tree's that big round. Then someone said he'd take the land off my hands
>for far less than I'd paid , another said "Well, you gots to get them tree's
>certified by the State." And, like I said, I don't get mixed up with
>government agencies.
>
>So here I am, unwilling to be beholding to the government, and there you are
>bitching about women taking all your government jobs so you have to work at
>McDonalds. Where are we supposed to meet when you guys	feel you're due
the
>respect of other professions, but won't pay for a one liner in the yellow
>pages? Ok, Ok, so your not going to get rich by advising one small client,
>but no one else is serving the small landowner either. And some of my fellow
>city folk will be coming to your town with bigger pockets than I.
>
>Sue Varri
>An equa-feminist

Sue, pardon our current crisis with feminism and liberal politics amidst the
baby-boomer forestry set.. We do actually pause whilst contemplating navels and
such to help out landowners.

What county & where in that county?  I'll e-mail you  names of consultants and
govt. types too.  A site visit by a govt. forester or consultant is a
no-strings thing that can help you with your questions and decisions.

Susan