Don't they give you guys at McDonalds lunch breaks?

SolsticeCreek at my-dejanews.com SolsticeCreek at my-dejanews.com
Sat Aug 22 22:15:09 EST 1998

We city folk, don't know jack about the forested lands we're flocking
to; universally have a heap of distrust for government programs, But we
are used to hiring experts, and paying for their expertise.

I bought the 18 acres for recreation in Mid Missouri. Someone told me my
walnuts were worth a fortune, another said It'd cost a fortune to clear some
out of my way. One sawmill said the acreage is too small,(no, I don't plan on
clear-cutting the whole thing!)  Another said he didn't have the saw to cut
thru tree's that big round. Then someone said he'd take the land off my hands
for far less than I'd paid , another said "Well, you gots to get them tree's
certified by the State." And, like I said, I don't get mixed up with
government agencies.

So here I am, unwilling to be beholding to the government, and there you are
bitching about women taking all your government jobs so you have to work at
McDonalds. Where are we supposed to meet when you guys	feel you're due the
respect of other professions, but won't pay for a one liner in the yellow
pages? Ok, Ok, so your not going to get rich by advising one small client,
but no one else is serving the small landowner either. And some of my fellow
city folk will be coming to your town with bigger pockets than I.

Sue Varri
An equa-feminist