What to do?

Mike Hagen mhagen at olympus.net
Tue Aug 25 20:50:58 EST 1998

Much of this plantation is happening on worn out agricultural lands, not
forest.  The RMZ rules are ag and the herbicide/fertilizer regime is as
per ag. Now I've heard of this kind of Cottonwood culture as a bandaid
for riparian zones!  It's obviously a good windbreak.  And when caught
short, any wood in the stream is good, even Cottonwood, which decomposes
so quickly its usually left out of restoration projects.   I'm
suspicious of get rich quick schemes but this may have some good points.
Anyone know of long term effects?