A Loggers Hope (Long)

Don Baccus dhogaza at pacifier.com
Thu Dec 3 15:51:54 EST 1998

In article <3665AD4E.4002 at livingston.net>,
Don Staples  <dstaples at livingston.net> wrote:

>WE ARE FEARFUL because we are now witnessing good science being ignored

So, what are you looking for, Don?  A lengthy rebuttal rehashing this
old tired debate over whether or not  modern wildlife biology, ecology
(the science of ecology, not "pop" ecology) and the findings of modern
academic foresters is "good science" or "junk science"?

I'm not going to waste my time pointing out over and over again that
"logger science" isn't pre-ordained to be "good science" simply because
it provides jobs.

The effects of past management on current wildlife distribution
and population levels is well-documented and irrefutable.

Those who care can take the time to look themselves.

Including the author you quote...