A Loggers Hope (Long)

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Thu Dec 3 21:51:26 EST 1998

Don Baccus wrote:

> So, what are you looking for, Don?  A lengthy rebuttal rehashing this
> old tired debate over whether or not  modern wildlife biology, ecology
> (the science of ecology, not "pop" ecology) and the findings of modern
> academic foresters is "good science" or "junk science"?
>
> I'm not going to waste my time pointing out over and over again that
> "logger science" isn't pre-ordained to be "good science" simply because
> it provides jobs.
>
> The effects of past management on current wildlife distribution
> and population levels is well-documented and irrefutable.
>
> Those who care can take the time to look themselves.
>
> Including the author you quote...

Looking for?  I posted an article that is well writen with a point of
view not reflected often enough on the groups, by an author who's
occupation is not often reflected on the groups.  Read it and weep, or
cheer, "quite frankly Scarlett, I dont give a damn."

--
Don Staples

For information on agroforesty, forestry, and the environment
in general, view the news groups bionet.agroforestry, and alt.forestry.

<< "Yes, the president should resign. He has lied to the American
people,
 time and time again, and betrayed their trust.  Since he has
 admitted guilt, there is no reason to put the American people through
 an impeachment.  He will serve absolutely no purpose in finishing out
 his term, the only possible solution is for the president to save some
 dignity and resign.">>

 - 12th Congressional District Hopeful William Jefferson Clinton, during
 the Nixon investigations in 1972.