Flushcuts

TREEFARMER at webtv.net TREEFARMER at webtv.net
Mon Dec 7 20:44:13 EST 1998

I'd like to see if anyone else can relate to this:

The year before last several of our White Pines were attacked/killed by
pine bark beetles. Last spring I found a lower live branch that had
been attacked with some of the needles at the tips turning red. I cut
the branch off halfway back to the trunk. The sapwood showed some blue
stain. I then cut the limb at the trunk. At this point there was no blue
stain. The tree seems to be doing fine now with no appearance of any
more beetle attacks.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?