save the trees! - headwaters forest pic

Don Baccus dhogaza at pacifier.com
Tue Dec 8 14:55:24 EST 1998

In article <366CF9F1.CBE2272B at forestmeister.com>,
Joseph Zorzin  <redoak at forestmeister.com> wrote:

>Your attitude, which is very common, is NOT what I'd call a Christian
>like attitude about a human being crushed by a tree as heavy as battle
>ship.

Nor is it an attitude supported by law, which requires one to
take reasonable care not to kill another even if that other
person is breaking the law.  If the feller felled the tree
knowing in the direction of the protester knowing that the
protester was there, some sort of civil penalty at least is
likely to follow.  This has nothing to do with tree huggers
vs. loggers, just a simple reality of how blame and liability
are defined in our legal system.