Nature Conservancy President's message

John Tiffany formgt_mkt at sprynet.com
Thu Dec 10 13:01:31 EST 1998

Not to burst your bubble, which I guess has already been burst, but I'm glad
you found out this reality.

Timber harvesting techniques just imitate nature, only we harvest the trees
rather than have them die of old age or have them blow over, and in some
cases once blown over, salvage them. The unfortunate part of harvesting is
the acceleration of erosion caused by the removal of forest products. But we
are getting a handle on this too and many loggers are trying to address this
problem in their operations.
<19981209213156.01480.00000294 at ng-fq1.aol.com>...