Inventory

J. Fiske jfiske at lightlink.com
Tue Feb 3 09:49:00 EST 1998

Anti - Trust? I can see where collusion in bidding might apply, but anti -
trust? Oh well, go figure the feds.

Most of my cruising is done for private non-industrial owners, although I have
done work under contract for industry as well. Never contracted with the feds
... but I did work for them for about 20 years. Maybe that's why I have never
bid on  their inventory ...?

Here in New York, where I live, we couldn't make it at $1.50 / acre. Welcome
to the land of high taxes! I usually look for about twice that, with a pretty
healthy surcharge when I get more than 50 miles from home (as the crow flies).

Yeah, my current software is a spreadsheet. It has some limitations, which are
getting to be a major pain in the backside. I suppose I could develop a new
spreadsheet, but I was hoping that someone out there had a line on some good
commercial stuff (2 Dog runs adverts in the Journal of Forestry every month,
but it's pricey. Like to talk to someone who has used it to see if it's worth
the freight). I used SILVAH when I worked for the feds, but that's a LOT more
system than I need for what I'm doing in most situations now.

I've never sold a property on cruise data either. But, I can see where it'd
make the hair on the back of your neck stand up!

Thanks for your help Don! I appreciate it

Joel Fiske
Consultant Forester
jfiske at lightlink.com