little alfie

eric.hansen at lawson.com eric.hansen at lawson.com
Tue Feb 10 09:11:23 EST 1998

Just when we thought all was clear to begin cutting in Little Alfie,
Earth Protectors files another lawsuit to try to stop the cutting and put
another Minnesotan out of business.  Logging is scheduled to begin on
Tuesday and I hope it does.  Logging is a part of Minnesota's economy.

Remember, Little Alfie is NOT being clear cut.	It is being thinned so
that the smaller pines can get enough sun so they can grow.  This way
there will be trees of various ages on the site, including 'old growth'
pines!

'Little Alfie' is by Ore, nearby the Boundary Waters.
Eric