log scaling

Jostnix jostnix at aol.com
Thu Feb 12 18:18:54 EST 1998

 "kat" <kats at prcn.org> writes:

just wondering if any of you have any log scaling knowledge - am taking a
course right now and having a helluva time with the formula's and trying to
memorize them?  any ideas for a quick memory game or something to simplify
them?>>

Don't know exactly what you have to memorize but there are some rules of thumb
on an article I wrote at http://forestry.miningco.com called "Understanding
Wood Volumes:  Mission Impossible".  The title tells you how I feel about 'em -
I hated the theory and formulas in school.

There are some good links that describe things as simply as can be explained.
Especially one from Australia that deals with mensuration.  Hope it helps....

Steve Nix, forestry guide
The Mining Company

      )(
    ))}{((