New Hardwood industry

Waddie Long waddie at
Sun Feb 15 23:31:26 EST 1998

I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and believe it or not, we are just
starting to organize a hardwood industry. We have thousands of acres
of high value hardwood (Yellow Birch, Sugar Maple, Red Oak, etc.) and
virtually no industry. I have managed to persuade some landowners (we
have 32,000 landowners) that we can do it. Being a 'pulp culture' we
need some professional advice on hardwood management, tending,
markets, products etc.
Can anyone give some much needed and appreaciated advice?
Yours in forestry,
waddie at