ginkgo

William Jones wiljones at logicsouth.com
Wed Feb 18 22:37:33 EST 1998

Bob-

Although I am no expert on gingko, I happen to live near the only (I think)
gingko farm in the US (near Sumter, SC). I've been there several times
because a friend is the foreman.

Here, they use a modified cotton picker to strip the leaves from the trees
once or twice a year. The leaves are chopped, maybe dried, and compressed
into 500pound bundles. The bundles are then trucked to Charleston where they
are put on a boat for England. Several years ago, the English company bought
some agricultural land and spent a lot of $ to make the gignko farm.

Hope the inf. helps-

Darryl Jones
Forester