poplar trees, plotting their deaths

TREEFARMER at webtv.net TREEFARMER at webtv.net
Wed Feb 18 22:42:24 EST 1998

Don, those would have been my thoughts exactly had I not read the
article. I should have gone into more detail in my first posting so here
is the rest of the story. These trees (Lacebark elms?) were about 1-2"
in diameter at ground level and maybe 8-10' tall. Spraying was done with
a backpack sprayer, heavy application but probably less than label, and
there was a drift control shield on the end of the wand. There were
photos showing the damage. Either it was as he described or intentional.
I believe he taught at a university in Florida. Maybe Prof. Stangemeyer
might know of translocation/flashing by glysophate?