Landowner assistance for habitat improvement announced

Timothy Hunley HUN60 at webtv.net
Sat Feb 28 02:30:35 EST 1998

My experience with incentives of this sort leave me cold.  Some will use
this as long as it is there, and only as long as it is there.  As far as
a landowner making this the prime objective on his property, I don't
think this will ever happen.  Landowners have other prime objectives
such as running a business.  Most Ag. operations have areas not usable
for production of their primary crop and already provide food and
shelter for wildlife as shelter belts and leave strips.