Timber sales

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Fri Jan 2 10:18:45 EST 1998

L*A*N Farm wrote:

> what should I expect to receive for white and red oak timber,I have no
> clue as to what timber is worth, is there a rule of thumb figure per
> board ft? My land is mainly oak /hickory forest SW of St Louis.sorry for
> the way to general post but I am very curious,THX in advance!

To start, contact your local office of the Missouri Conservation
Commission and ask for a current copy of Timber Price Report.  Then, if
the volume (acreage) is big enough, immediately contact a consulting
forester for his opinion/recomendations.  The consultant will charge
you, but you will find the sale to be smother, and with a better income.

Susan, are you out there? Help these folks.
--
Don Staples
UIN 4653335