What % properly planted seedlings is acceptable?

Daleburt dfd at ecug.com
Fri Jan 2 10:07:23 EST 1998

I work for a Fortune 500 forest industry and we require replanting if
quality falls below 90%.  In reality this means we find another planter
unless the acreages are small.  Between 95% and 90% there is a payment
penalty.  Anything above 95% is accepted for full payment.  This method
requires strict monitoring and exceptions for missed site preparation
prescriptions and unusual site conditions.  It is the ONLY way (IMHO) to
assure high planting quality.  I'm interested to hear how others are
striving to assure proper planting quality and stand densities.