Woodland Owner Corner

J. Fiske jfiske at lightlink.com
Sun Jan 4 21:00:11 EST 1998

A little more grist for the mill ... I would like to note that it is
possible to be BOTH a forester (probably even an agroforester) and a
landowner. Since I am both, I would have to throw 1/2 of myself out of this
newsgroup? <G>

 Seriously, it would be sort of a shame to have to be in two separate
newsgroups to "cover the field" when one works well currently (at least
from my point of view).

I realize that I can't speak for the whole newsgroup, but I would be VERY
disappointed to see those who identify themselves as landowners split to
their own group. Without them, this group could become a rather stagnant
place (as the pastor in the old country church back home used to say "sort
of like preaching to the choir"!). And after all, this was the sort of
thing some of us really hoped and dreamed about the Internet doing for us;
providing a forum where folks of disparate background and experience could
come together to discuss the important issues of the day (in the case of
this group, related to forestry).

Just one man's opinion ...

Timothy Hunley <HUN60 at webtv.net> wrote in article
<68lp30$h11$1 at newsd-124.bryant.webtv.net>...