Vermont Land Trust

James Brewster jambrew at
Mon Jan 5 08:14:26 EST 1998

The Vermont Land Trust along with the Vermont Nature Conservency just
purchased 26,000 acres of timberland in Vermont.  From what I gather they
will continue to harvest it doing their best to show how forestry and
recreation are both possible in a management plan.

There is informational meeting this evening which I plan to attend.  I will
be interested to see peoples reactions to such large ownership by
organizations such as The Vermont Land Trust and the Nature Conservency.
Vermont ain't always as liberal as people might think.