Vermont Land Trust

Jostnix jostnix at aol.com
Mon Jan 5 20:49:03 EST 1998

The Vermont Land Trust along with the Vermont Nature Conservency
>just
purchased 26,000 acres of timberland in Vermont.  From what I gather
>they
will continue to harvest it doing their best to show how forestry
>and
recreation are both possible in a management plan.

There is
>informational meeting this evening which I plan to attend.  I will
be
>interested to see peoples reactions to such large ownership by
organizations
>such as The Vermont Land Trust and the Nature Conservency.
Vermont ain't
>always as liberal as people might think.

The Nature Conservancy is right on line.  They are preserving the resource with
just a little bit of forest management to benefit the whole.  I really like
this group and they have a touch of ecosystem management blended with multiple
use.

See "The Environmentalist" at http://forestry.miningco.com

They ain't just doing this in Vermont...They are doing this all over the US...a
good organization... a lot of land given back to something other than timber
production.

Steve Nix, forestry guide
The Mining Company

      )(