Timber sales

Keith Boyd Keith.Boyd at ColumbiaSC.NCR.COM
Wed Jan 7 09:59:02 EST 1998

Larry, I agree with you most wholeheartedly. Pine trees are a huge
moneymaking business here in the Southeast. Paper companies are buying
every single acre they can get their hands on. Why? To cut the timber
off of it and then come right back and replant more pine trees. After,
about 10 years, they thin those out. Then another 10-20 years later they
clearcut what's left. And then they start all over again. The trees are
definitely worth more than the land could ever appraise for.

Keith