Faculty position - Silviculture

Daleburt dfd at ecug.com
Thu Jan 8 08:24:48 EST 1998

Well said John.  I believe that a balance of both, ground-based knowledge and silvicultural
theory, is required as more and more is asked of the foresters on the ground.  Let's hope the
forestry schools are listening.  Train the new generation of foresters in both and let their
personal qualities dictate which they are stronger in upon graduation.  I enjoy the good-natured
rivalry between various schools, but I pray we won't become so polarized that the forest suffers.