When Will They Get a Clue?!

Jostnix jostnix at aol.com
Sat Jan 10 08:42:20 EST 1998

Karl:

You are right of course about strange weather; and the postulating on the
reason will continue for another day.  I want to address your present misery.

There has been an outpouring of posts on another newsgroup about the
Northeastern ice storm.  Poping sounds all day long, no electricity for several
days and none expected for a while, heating up food with gas or wood
fireplaces, cold baths or no baths, cranking up the battery operated
radio...sounds just like a typical Southern February (by the way we don't lose
an inordinate number of trees from ice;  its the hurricanes that kill).

I never in my life thought I would here such complaints from yankees about cold
weather and ice.  And we have had more snow than ice in Alabama the last few
years; you can live with that very nicely.

Just live with the comfort that stress builds character; character is an
admirable trait and that we in the South OD with character every winter
<grin>...as I sign off I'd like to sing a little song...Well the weather
outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful da da da da da da let it
snow let it snow let it snow.......

What can you do but laugh...

Steve Nix

      )(