Management of America's Nonfederal Forests

Mike Hagen mhagen at mail.olympus.net
Tue Jan 13 12:50:47 EST 1998

Don Staples wrote:

> I have received a copy of "Forested Landscapes In Perspective:
> Prospects and
> Opportunities for Sustainable Management of America's Nonfederal
> Forests",

snip>

Thanks for that address.  200 pages eh?  Since I'm in the throes of
writing up a project, I can identify with the problems that private
foresters and land managers face in getting published. Mainly, we don't
get paid while we peck away at the keyboards. Those academics do and for
them publish or perish is the law of the jungle. Second, they have a
bunch of grad students to do the bulk of their work. As for content,
well, who knows till you read the abstract.
 By the way, Dr. Agee is well respected in the field of forest ecology
and fire science.
Mike H.