Rally in Support of Timber Management

cwcs at cwcs.org cwcs at cwcs.org
Wed Jan 14 02:56:13 EST 1998

Conservationists With Common Sense urges all CWCS members to attend the
rally at the Orr Community Center in Orr, MN on Saturday Jan. 17 at noon.
 This rally is in support of the timber and logging industry.

EarthFirst!, Earth Protectors and other environmental activists are
encamped at the Little Alfie timber site to protest timber harvesting in
National Forests. This is the next major national battleground over
public land use initiated by the national green 'No Use' Movement.

Our policy makers need to see hundreds and thousands of northern
Minnesotans standing up for their beliefs - standing up for people,
families, and communities.  Whether it's the BWCA, Voyageurs, wolf
management, timber harvesting, wetlands or snowmobiling issues, we need
to stand together or in the end we will stand separately.

Come by car, truck or snowmobile.  Show your support for common sense
management of our forests, and jobs with decent wages to sustain our
families and communities.  Show your support for allowing the U.S. Forest
Service to do what they were created to do - manage forests, not make a
profit off timber sales. Support multiple uses of our public lands.

Thank you.

Conservationists With Common Sense