Ice Storm & NY Maples

Jostnix jostnix at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 07:23:01 EST 1998

In article <19980116041500.XAA05981 at ladder02.news.aol.com>, forestfair at aol.com
(ForestFair) writes:

>Early reports from the north country are that the ice storm that hit much
>of
the northeast last week had a devastating effect on sugar maples in
>northern NY
(and probably in VT and Quebec).

Hi Fair:

Please wait until the ice clears before making anything big of the hype coming
from news accounts of the ice storm.  I've found that looking back brings on a
little different perspective.

I'm not saying it ain't bad, I just know all the motivations to make it look
bad for things such as disaster aid, federal justifications, and on and on.
Also take a look at this site <http://www.info-4-you.com>  Looks like someone
has set up an ice disaster newsroom on the web.

Steve Nix, Alabama Registered Forester #745

      )(
    ))}{((
``````) (___©______John Stephen Nix
http://forestry.miningco.com