Ice Storm & NY Maples

Jostnix jostnix at
Fri Jan 16 07:23:01 EST 1998

In article <19980116041500.XAA05981 at>, forestfair at
(ForestFair) writes:

>Early reports from the north country are that the ice storm that hit much
the northeast last week had a devastating effect on sugar maples in
>northern NY
(and probably in VT and Quebec).

Hi Fair:

Please wait until the ice clears before making anything big of the hype coming
from news accounts of the ice storm.  I've found that looking back brings on a
little different perspective.

I'm not saying it ain't bad, I just know all the motivations to make it look
bad for things such as disaster aid, federal justifications, and on and on.
Also take a look at this site <>  Looks like someone
has set up an ice disaster newsroom on the web.

Steve Nix, Alabama Registered Forester #745
``````) (___©______John Stephen Nix
Alabama Forestry Link...