When Will They Get a Clue?!

Thomas Kellar tkellar at FSP.FSP.COM
Sat Jan 17 09:36:05 EST 1998

> dwheeler at teleport.com wrote:
> > I guess maybe some folks are beginning to figure out that the vast oil
> > and coal deposits which have been burnt for the past 150 years may
> > eventually have an impact on the environment.
> >
> > Speaking of which, how did these deposits form anyway? Wouldn't the
> > massive coal beds found over the world have to have been deposited in a
> > fire-less environment?
> >
> > Daniel B. Wheeler
> >
> Another aspect to consider is where did all that carbon come from?  It had
> to be in the atmosphere in order for plants to fixate it.  That means that
> CO2 levels had to be higher than they are now.  Of course, this was prior to
> man.

In my clueless understanding, the early atmosphere of the Earth _was_
unbreathable by animals such as Humans.  It was the plants that generated
enough free oxygen for the land based animal life to appear.  Trees
God bless 'em.

Thomas Kellar        Tkellar at .fsp.com       http://www.fsp.com
    How can I wear the harness of toil, and sweat at the daily round,
     While in my soul forever The drums of Pictdom sound? - REHoward