When Will They Get a Clue?!

Thomas Kellar tkellar at FSP.FSP.COM
Sat Jan 17 09:36:05 EST 1998

> dwheeler at teleport.com wrote:
> > I guess maybe some folks are beginning to figure out that the vast oil
> > and coal deposits which have been burnt for the past 150 years may
> > eventually have an impact on the environment.
> >
> > Speaking of which, how did these deposits form anyway? Wouldn't the
> > massive coal beds found over the world have to have been deposited in a
> > fire-less environment?
> >
> > Daniel B. Wheeler
> >
> Another aspect to consider is where did all that carbon come from?  It had
> to be in the atmosphere in order for plants to fixate it.  That means that
> CO2 levels had to be higher than they are now.  Of course, this was prior to
> man.
> RDW

In my clueless understanding, the early atmosphere of the Earth _was_
unbreathable by animals such as Humans.  It was the plants that generated
enough free oxygen for the land based animal life to appear.  Trees
God bless 'em.

Thomas
--
Thomas Kellar        Tkellar at .fsp.com       http://www.fsp.com
    How can I wear the harness of toil, and sweat at the daily round,