Forestry at The Mining Company

Jostnix jostnix at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 19:36:47 EST 1998

bionet.agroforestry participants:

Got to share this with you...It is a BBS note from me to all Mining Company
Guides. PC Magazine has listed The Mining Company as a Top 100 Site!

<<Just got my copy of PC Mag. PC Magazine has TMC in the spotlight...

"Here's a novel approach to indexing and cataloging the best of the Web: Why
not ask real human beings with real expertise to take responsibility for
particular categories and keep them cataloged and up-to-date? At The Mining
Company, you can suggest a category. If you become it's official guide, you'll
get paid for your trouble depending, of course, on how much traffic you
generate. So far, there are more than 500 guides in about a dozen top level
categories."

Cover Story, Top 100 Web Sites, page 116, PC Magazine, Vol. 17 No. 3, February
10, 1998 >>

The Mining Company is growing like kudzu....Forestry at The Mining Company is
an important part of that growth.  I can say that this newsgroup
(bionet.agroforestry) has had a major impact on forestry's growth on TMC.

Just got my last stats and forestry is in the top 24.7percentile at TMC.

All I can say is thank you...

Steve Nix, forestry guide
The Mining Company

      )(