Ice Storm & NY Maples

J. Fiske jfiske at lightlink.com
Sun Jan 18 15:40:49 EST 1998

Yeah Ron, that's my experience also. The hardwoods took a major hit with
the softwoods looking somewhat better. I still expect that, at least in the
local markets, we'll see a dip in Sugar Maple prices. I expect prices will
recover fairly quickly (within a year or so).

I've seen the same situation you describe with respect to Oak prices vs.
Sugar Maple. Interesting .Your analysis in regards other hardwoods is also
right on the mark, I believe.

I still stand on my original statement, if you have undamaged Sugar Maple,
hang onto it for a while. Short term, I believe the price will go down.
Long term, it's going nowhere but up.

Ron Wenrich <woodtick at lebmofo.com> wrote in article
<34C104A0.44B338DD at lebmofo.com>...

> J. Fiske wrote:
>
> > I've seen and heard about some of the damage to Sugar Maple in the
northern
> > part of New York also. In addition to the problems ForestFair mentions
I'd