Ice storm, trees, urgency : Translation

KMorrisD kmorrisd at aol.com
Mon Jan 19 09:37:42 EST 1998

Thanks for your response.  I'd be curious to know if the experience was similar
following recent ice storms in the midwest and deep south.

I had an interesting conversation yesterday with a local history buff about the
ice storm.  He said that following the 1938 hurricane  that hit central and
western Massachusetts, cut timber was stored in local ponds to prevent
spoilage.

The logs that sunk were retrieved up to years later as the ponds were not that
deep.  Can you imagine trying to do something practical and common sensical
like this today?!

Karl Davies