Ice storm, trees, urgency : Translation

J. Fiske jfiske at lightlink.com
Mon Jan 19 14:29:43 EST 1998

Sure thing, Karl! Check out the sprinkler system at any big mill you care
to drive by!

Seriously though, storage of softwood logs in ponds was very common
(probably the norm) until quite recently. I suspect if someone proposed
something like that today we'd get all bent out of shape about the impacts
to the aquatic fauna, etc. (All the tannic acid leached from the bark and
deposited in the pond probably does have some impact ...)

Oh well, the price of progress ...

KMorrisD <kmorrisd at aol.com> wrote in article
<19980119143701.JAA04918 at ladder02.news.aol.com>...