Hedge apple tree?

Larry Caldwell larryc at teleport.com
Tue Jan 20 13:10:40 EST 1998

In article <01bd250f$dbb12a00$6ae87fcf at default>,
"J. Fiske" <jfiske at lightlink.com> wrote:

> I'd be interested to hear more about where you have found it growing, and
> how it's doing, particularly is it's outside of it's "native" range
> (southern Arkansas, southeastern Oklahoma, and eastern Texas).

An ag mailing list I'm on has discussed osage orange in depth.  It seems
farmers imported it as a living fence, and it grows in patches from
Wisconsin to Virginia.  A friendly farmer picked a bunch of osage orange
seeds, so I plan to check them out in Oregon.  I have one fence on an
S-curve that the drunks obliterate with regularity, so I'm looking for
something that will regenerate.

-- Larry