Rally in Support of Timber Management

eric.hansen at lawson.com eric.hansen at lawson.com
Wed Jan 21 09:51:09 EST 1998

It's actions like those of Earth First that are helping to create a
"civil war" between Northern Minnesota and the enviromentalists of Twin
Cities.  If trees are so important to the "greens" why don't they take
more of an interest in preserving them right in their own 'back yard'.
This not only means the enviro's in the Twin Cities but also all the
enviro's in other cities around the USA.  One of our representatives has
(or will -?-) introduce legislation that will require builders to plant
an acre or trees for every acre cleared to build homes.  I think it is a
great idea but, it should be to plant 2 acres of trees!!

Trees are a part of the  economy of Minnesota, so is mining, so is
recreation, so is farming, so is boating, fishing, canoeing,
snowmobiling.....  Who would YOU put out of business???  It's all a part
of Minnesota's economy! Eric
******* In article <884723051.1421148169 at dejanews.com>,  cwcs at cwcs.org