Too wet for logging?

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Thu Jan 22 11:05:36 EST 1998

I dont know if your "consultant" is a consulting forester or not, but my
guess would be not.  The contract for the sale of the timber should have
included a weather clause that would define the limitations of logging
during inclement weather, and an extension period for the lost time.

Check you contract, if the clause is there, shut em down till the ground
is stable, extend the contract for the period shut down, and go on about
business.  If its not in the contract, next time get a consulting
forester that knows a little about protection the owners land.  And dont
let em log during bad ground time, they may just be looking for a place
to go that will let them log in bad weather.

--
Don Staples
UIN 4653335