fwd: Rick Bass on logging roads

Darren J. Young dyoung at mcwi.com
Thu Jan 22 10:09:42 EST 1998

In article <6a6e15$i92$1 at scoop.suba.com>, mike at mail.ntsource.com says...
>   Alright already!  I will answer your lame question.  Whats the matter,
>   don't have a loved one you can nag on?

I could ask you the same seeing as you are the one always bitching and
complaining about everything under the sun.  If you'd have answered this
+6 months ago when asked it wouldn't have been such a big deal now would
it have?  No, but instead, when you get backed intoa tough corner, you
seem to suddenly change the topic or disappear for a while.  Very
convienent.

>   A couple years ago, the owners of a LARGE tract of land next to my
> property in the U.P. began trespassing on my land during deer
>   and grouse season(part of it is an old apple orchard).

Is yours posted?  If so why?  That's just ONE of the things that most of
the UP residents hate about you and people like you.  You come up, buy a
postage stamp piece of property, and post the hell out of it.  People
like you are so incredible obsessed with "This is MINE and that is
yours".

The reason many UP residents post their property is because of the
tourists like yourself that don't have any respect for the property that
they are on.  Walking through a tract of land is one thing, leaving
garbage, cutting trees down, reckless hunting, and tearing up the ground
with RV's and ATVs is another.  While those may not directly relate to
how treat other peoples land Muskie, it is the majority of the
recreational tourists behavior.

Personaly, when I bought my land in northern MN it was posted.  The first
thing I did was take down the signs.

Personaly, I dought the validity of this tale of yours.  If this WAS the
case, it doesn't sound like that big a deal.  That being true, one has to
wonder WHY you have not responded earlier to the repeated requests over
the last 6 months?  Would it be because those requests were only in
alt.great-lakes?  Now that this message was cross posted to your friends
in the other environmental newsgroup and made you look bad, you had to
come up with a story.

>  They still continue to do so, and I took it upon myself to sneak over
> and fish their virgin bass lake.The best bass fishing I have EVER had.
> Caught two 8 pound bass in one weekend, plus a slew of 5-6 pounders.

If they continue to do so, then whay don't you take legal measures
against them.  Ever here of 2 wrongs don't make a right?  Your little tit
for tat game only verifies your childish, short sighted attitudes that
many here in alt.great-lakes were already aware of.

>   We released them all. Yes, I always have a license carry a valid
> Michigan fishing license.

Ya? So? Should I be proud of you doing the right thing? Want me to pat
you on the back?  Good Muskie!  Good Muskie! ...pat...pat...pat...
I really don't see why you throw out comments like this.  It's pointless.
The only reason for it, is to plant the notion (an INCORRECT one at that)
in others heads, that I don't believe in using hunting/fishing licences.

>   Happy now?

Yes, thank you.  And I must say, it's about time.

> Good.  You can go back to your far right thinking, and your wishes
> to condemn the future grandchildren of our country. ------Muskie

Here we go again.  Warnings of total doom, destruction and devistation.
Yet another ploy, to play on the emotions of those less educated and
informed on the subject matter to win them to your opinions and views.
Nobody in alt.great-lakes, including myself, has ever said that there
shouldn't be responsible logging, game management, etc.  But instead,
you'd rather have people FALSELY believe that I'd have every last stick
of wood cut from the Upper Michigan if not for a dollar, just for the fun
of it.  Sorry to disappoint you Muskie, but there will be plenty for my
grandchildren and generations to come with the views I have.  The only
difference between you and I, is that I don't have this obbsessive need
to regulate every aspect of peoples lives and tell them which hand to
wipe their ass with like you do.  Oh...and I don't trespass.

Have fun in Los Angles, California.

--
| Darren J. Young              |  Minnesota CADWorks, Inc.          |

No responses will be made to users with altered Email addresses
intended to block SPAM. It takes longer to edit them than hit delete!