Too wet for logging?

One of Those Robinsons robfarm at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 22 08:37:29 EST 1998

I recently sold some timber on my land and the loggers started moving in
last weekend to start cutting, we'd had rain the week before and they
ended up cutting some deep ruts before they gave up. My timber
consultant called me this morning and said they want to try to cut again
this weekend and wanted to know if its ok with me. I thought that he was
supposed to know more about this than me.
We're supposed to get some more rain today, so my question is , how do
I  determine whether its dry enough for them to use there equipment
without too much damage? We're in middle georgia and have a lot of clay
soil. I'd appreciate any advice.

Next time it'll be horselogging for me, this is too stressfull to see
our 200 year old farm being ripped up.
Mike