New 'Discussion Leader' for bionet.agroforestry

theo hopkins thopkins at thopkins.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 15:32:51 EST 1998

In article <6a7mba$e0n at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, Gerry Lawson
<GJL at wpo.nerc.ac.uk> writes
>To Members of bionet.agroforestry (crossposted to agroforestry maillists)
>
>Many of you will know that, at infrequent intervals since this
>newsgroup started in 1989 I've tried to steer it more towards
>agroforestry.

I'm new to both alt.forestry and bionet.agroforestry.

The postings on this (agroforesetry) are of great interest to me, even
though they are often off-topic, and are the postings that 'should' IMHO
be in alt.forestry.

In fact, they seem to be more interesting than alt.forestry!

As an experiment I have just (re)-posted an article on Shakhalin Island
in the Russian Far East, 'correctly' to alt.forestry, but I feel that it
would have a more sympathetic audience here, by what I see posted here.

I guess the only thing to do is to very politely point folk to
alt.foresrty and hope that takes off.

(The experiment is to see if I can shift some of the discussion on,
mostly, N.American forests towards other similar temperate/boreal
forests not in North America.)

Theo Hopkins
Lower Champles Wood
Devon