Tax Question on Stewardship

Ross dianaros at vianet.on.ca
Thu Jan 29 23:15:37 EST 1998

You do not say where you are.

In Ontario, managed forest is considered a farm for tax purposes. Reasonable
expense for equipment, fuel etc can be claimed for tax purposes. I note that
the claim may be subject to scrutiny.

Rural land is often claimed to be productive  and used for claims for tax
allowances.
It is moot wether the claimants come out ahead. My personal observation is
that the economic gain, if any, is marginal for many claimants.

Ross