Info request

dwheeler at teleport.com dwheeler at teleport.com
Mon Jul 20 11:47:44 EST 1998

In article <35B2A9B0.37A5FC8F at netscape.com>,
  kkinc at netscape.com wrote:
> This is a request for any/all information to combat Japanese Beetles.
> What can be done to save my hardwoods ?  The beetle is within 50 miles
> proximity.  Any suggestions/possible solutions to save the trees is
> appreciated.
> Thanks, Jim.
> email:  jng at TheRamp.net

Many insects are effectively inoculated with Bacillus thurengensis. This
insect- loving fungus is quite effective on a number of predatory insects
including Gypsy moths.

Several other fungi such as Cordyceps sps. seem to be species specific with
insects, ants, bees, etc.

You might also post a request for any fungi known to attack Japanese Beetles
to bionet.mycology.

Daniel B. Wheeler
http://www.oregonwhitetruffles.com