Grand Fir ID?

Mike Hagen mhagen at olympus.net
Mon Jun 8 18:46:18 EST 1998

I think the term "lowland" is relative. It may grow high up but it is
largest on the alluvial flats. "Pissfirs" can take a lot of drought
too. Excessively drained soils are no problem. This can be a big tree
at 250 feet and 72" in diameter. So give it lots of room! The needles
look planar compared to Doug fir.