USFS Salvage Sales

Donald L Ferry wolfbat359 at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 8 19:15:51 EST 1998

Don Staples <dstaples at livingston.net> wrote:

>Donald L Ferry wrote:
>>
>> Don Staples <dstaples at livingston.net> wrote:

>> >Sorry, you missed some of the early posts on the salvage sale in Texas.
>> >This is the prospectus for the sale of blow down timber in NF inTexas.
>> >The restrictions and use of standard sales prospectus/contracts mixed
>> >with the rapidly deteriorating material will leave most of the material
>> >on the ground.  This was all compounded when the Sierra Club filed suit
>> >to prevent any salvage on the blow down.
>> >
>> >This is an emergency harvest of downed material, and the world has taken
>> >a standard polemic approach to ensure no blame can be accrued.
>> The only emergency I see is your mouth on full throttle
>
>Ah, a Don Baccus clone.

No I see "stolen" timber of around 100 mill per year going out of
National Forests.  I see leased land - some twenty years old - being
leased at absurdly  low prices.  I would agree private business would
not allow this.  Nor would they allow snags to stay in place -
although this would help wildlife!