Biomass of Picea abies

Mathias Tobler bagi at stars.ch
Tue Jun 16 10:56:35 EST 1998

I am a student of environmental sciences at the Swiss Federal Institute
of Technology. I am working on a small project on sustainable use of the
Norway spruce (Picea abies=Picea excelsa) for the production of
firewood. To estimate the available wood in a stand I am lookin for a
biomass table or a formula like y=b0 + b1*dbh^2 where y is the biomass
of the tree and dbh is the diameter at breast height. I could find the
information for Picea engelmanii but not for Picea abies.

Thanks in advance

Mathias Tobler