5 WHAT DO YOU LIKE THE MOST ABOUT WORKING IN FORESTRY?

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Wed Jun 17 06:00:29 EST 1998

Working outdoors, of course. But here in Yankeedom, it's winter for 6
months; then comes mud season, then comes the 2 month heat wave with
maximum humidity. But on the few nice days of the year, it is nice being
outside. Especially during fall foliage, when the entire forest takes on
a neat psychedelic look. OK, OK, some of you youngins wouldn't
understand. <G>

In other lines of work, folks might say they like the camaraderie of
their professions. But foresters tend to work alone. On the other hand,
if camaraderie means having to spend your days in cubicles, forget it.
Now if only Dilbert had gone into forestry instead. Well, actually I can
think of one forestry "leader" who does indeed remind me of Dilbert.

--

Joseph Zorzin, Der Yankee Forestmeister
http://forestmeister.com