2. LONG TERM FORCAST FOR TIMBER PRICES

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Wed Jun 17 05:45:50 EST 1998

A. What's going up, what's going down?
B. What's going to be the impact on markets with the Asian economy
sputtering?
C. Will China become a big importer of North American timber or wood
products?
D. Since we now have a 100 billion dollar trade deficit with Japan and
China (together), we should insist that they balance the books or ELSE.
Buying north American wood products  would be a good place to start. Now
if only our politicians could figure this out and had the balls to do
something about it, rather than Clinton being on the take from the
Chinese. He isn't going to twist their arms about trade.

--

Joseph Zorzin, Der Yankee Forestmeister
http://forestmeister.com