[Fwd: National Forest Protection and Restoration Act]

Mike Hagen mhagen at olympus.net
Wed Jun 24 12:21:25 EST 1998

Hell, they'll get Joe Sixpack riled up and he'll hand it to em on a
platter. NZ wiped out a good portion of their debt by selling off the
'exotic' forests and erasing their civil service foresters. And they
preserved the remaining patches of native forest. Sound familiar?
Several years back a large washington timber company I formerly worked
for sent much of their logging equipment and personel to NZ (since
they didn't need them here) to capitalize the purchase. Who knows,
some of that radiata pine going into Oregon may have been logged by a
WA company in NZ.