[Fwd: National Forest Protection and Restoration Act]

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Sat Jun 27 03:20:16 EST 1998

Don Baccus wrote:

> Objectivism - Ann Rand's so-called philosophy - *is* about selfishness.
> I'm not familiar with her "Fountainhead" novel.  Did you read the book
> or just see the movie? (just curious).
> --

Both, and it's not about selfishness, which shows you have a prejudiced
view about her- which in the case of this book is not true. It's the
only one I've read so I can't say much about her other stuff or her
philosophy - in general- although I'm well aware that she is on the
"shit list" of lefties, being one myself.

Actually, it is about selfishness- the selfishness of the other
architects who are more concerned with their career advancement than the
quality of their work- and willing to design and build lousy buildings-
because the big architectural firms have no talent and only offer what
they think their customers want- whereas the main character is on the
cutting edge of quality- and as a result - as a loner on his own- has
few clients for many years- I can relate to that. <G>