Landowner assistance for habitat improvement announced

Ron Wenrich woodtick at
Tue Mar 3 17:43:46 EST 1998

Joseph Zorzin wrote:

> If you want your land surveyed in most states you MUST hire a registered
> surveyor. The land can't be "registered" in the county courthouses
> unless the survey is prepared by a registered surveyor. This is because
> society believes surveying demands a professional service and that
> surveyors are professionals.

Licensed surveyors may not be a good analogy.  In PA, all licensed engineers are
deemed to be competent in surveying, and are, therefore, licensed by proxy.  Indeed,
they stamp most drawing for surveyors, but, the quality of surveying work by
engineers vary widely, and is often not compatible with what's on the ground.


More information about the Ag-forst mailing list