Best Management Practices

mcour at telxon.com mcour at telxon.com
Fri Mar 13 09:56:19 EST 1998

The loggers are in the 4th day of a two week logging operation on my 5.5 aacre
parcel.  The contract specifies that they are to follow best management
practices, and emphasizes this fact in regards to logging roads and stream
crossings.  The loggers did not install a culvert for the small stream
crossing, and it is beginning to show problems.  I have reminded the logger of
this but he has taken no action and the logging continues.

What should I do here?  The contract states that I can suspend the operation
if the contract terms are not being met.  This seems extreme, but what other
recourse do I have?

Michael Courtney