Federal Programs

KMorrisD kmorrisd at aol.com
Sat Mar 14 18:36:09 EST 1998

Don,

I agree.  It has everything to do with their (the burros) keeping their place
at the trough, and very little with advocating good forestry.  All cost-sharing
programs perpetuate the myth that forestry is not profitable and therefore
needs to be subsidized by taxpayers via our benificent bureaucracies.  Not
true, never was.

It also has to do with doing PR for the big forest industries, especially now
that they're helping with the funding.

Additionally, the implicit rates (75% of X) set by the SIP program for
consulting foresters are insultingly low, at least here in MA.

Karl Davies